CITY INSPECTORS ARE BACK TO PERFORMING BOTH EXTERIOR AND INTERIOR INSPECTIONS. FOR HEALTH AND SAFETY CONCERNS, INSPECTORS WILL WEAR MASKS WHEN PERFORMING INTERIOR INSPECTIONS AND WE ASK HOMEOWNERS AND OCCUPANTS TO WEAR MASKS AND KEEP AT LEAST SIX FEET APART FROM THE INSPECTOR. INSPECTORS WILL NOT PERFORM INTERIOR INSPECTIONS IF HOMEOWNERS AND OCCUPANTS ARE NOT WEARING MASKS.
Commercial & Residential Permits
Application FormsThe Commercial Permit Application and Residential Permit Application forms are available for download. The Building Department can be reached at 815-741-5106.
If you are a contractor you must be registered to work within our city limits. The Application for Contractor's Registration is available for download. All required documents and instructions are listed on the form. We do require an automotive insurance certificate. We do not require a bond. Payment may be made by cash or check.
Property owners must register all rental units. The Rental Property Info Sheet is available for download. The completed form may be returned to us via the Administrative Clerk’s email, mail, or drop off at City Hall. A link to email is on the right.
Inspections are required when a tenant turns over. Inspections will only be done while the property is empty.
PLEASE NOTE - FOR PUBLIC HEALTH AND SAFETY INSPECTORS WILL NOT PERFORM INTERIOR INSPECTIONS IF HOMEOWNERS AND OCCUPANTS ARE NOT WEARING MASKS.
- 2018 Zoning Map (PDF)
- 2018 Zoning Ordinance (PDF)
- Application for Development (PDF)
- Appendix K-Water and Sewer Connection Charges (PDF)
- Index of Permitted Special Uses_ Non Residential (PDF)
- Index of Permitted Special Uses_Residential (PDF)
- Zoning District and Residential Standards (PDF)
- Zoning District and Nonresidential Standards (PDF)
- Revised Sign Code Ordinance 1799
- Decks and Porches (PDF)
- Fences (PDF)
- Storage Sheds (PDF)
- Swimming Pools (PDF)
- Contractor Registration (PDF)
- Commercial Permit Application (PDF)
- Residential Permit Application (PDF)
- Rental Property Info Sheet (PDF)
- Portable Storage Unit Application
- 2018 Calendar of Plan Commission Meetings (PDF)
- Crest Hill-Draft Comprehensive Plan-Public Review-04-18-14 (002)