The City of Crest Hill over the years has created a strong relationship with the Will County Center for Economic Development (CED) and has aligned itself with many of its goals and objectives.
Public / Private Involvement
The CED is a dynamic organization that brings the public and private sectors together creating an environment where successful businesses will prosper by providing a forum for communication, cooperation, and collaboration between the public and private sectors. Will County, one of the fastest growing counties in the United States, is also the home to 37 distinctive municipalities and 24 townships covering 850 square miles of urban, suburban, and rural life -in many ways a microcosm of the U.S. Will County is fortunate by its unique location.
Fortunate in that it is part of the "alpha world city " - the Chicago metro area - and as such one of the only three (Metro New York and Metro Los Angeles) in the nation. It is no longer just a regional or national supplier, but a producer for global markets, which makes it highly attractive to new businesses and to expanding businesses.
Will County Unique Features
- 50,000 new jobs are anticipated to be created within the next decade.
- Rapidly growing population with increasing diversity and wealth.
- It is a Diversified economic base.
- Will County is a Global Transportation Center, the largest North American intermodal center.
- It has a diversity of settings with ample parks and open space.
- Two-thirds (2/3) of the land in Will County is undeveloped.
Will County is an exceptional location to work, play or live.