- Crest Hill's First Winter Festival Lights Up City Hall
- Holiday Lights Contest 2016
- ComEd Performing Work along Route 53
- Operation Care Package Christmas Cards
- United Meters Letter Regarding Installation of New Remote Reading Water Meter
- Petition Packet Information-April 4, 2017 Consolidated Election
- Comed Routine Tree Trimming Notification
- MAYOR SOLIMAN REPORTS ON THE FINANCIAL HEALTH OF CREST HILL
- Will County Electronics Recycling Drop-Off Site in Lockport
- Residential Safety Tips
Economic Development & Incentives
A primary challenge in the practice of economic development is choosing among the many competing priorities and various activities. A clear economic vision and goals are needed to provide framework for strategically assessing and coordinating these efforts. The vision stems from the community's values, its collective sense of local economic strenghts and weaknesses, and consensus on a desired future. Goals are more tangible expressions of the vision and provide specific direction for actions.
The three primary goals of the City of Crest Hill are:
- Retain existing businesses and industries by fostering partnerships with local businesses and increasing spending in the community
- Remove barriers to conducting business within the City
- Make the City an attractive place for businesses to locate
The City of Crest Hill's policy decisions reflect the principles in its overall vision. Although most incentive agreements are made on a case by case basis, more detailed information about Crest Hill's Economic Development and Incentive Policies including sales tax, TIF, and more can be found here.
Will County Tax Abatement Program
Will County offers abatement of ad valorem real estate taxes as an incentive to new or retained businesses. Each community develops their specific abatement to the project request on a case-by-case basis.
Will County’s tax abatement program is done on an application/weighted process. As a result of the application evaluation, a project can receive 50% abatement on improvements for 3, 4 or 5 consecutive tax levy years. Abatement can only apply to improvements done to the property, based on the equalized assessed valuation of the property.
The Will County Tax Abatement Incentive is administered by the Will County Center for Economic Development. For more information go to www.willcountyced.com
State of Illinois Incentives
The State of Illinois also offers a variety of incentives that may be beneficial to you. For more information, please visit the state of Illinois website.