- City Wide Garage Sale August 18-21, 2016
- RFP for Asset Management & Full Service Maintenance Program for Potable Water Storage Vessels
- Well House Ribbon Cutting/Open House-August 6, 2016
- A Community Gives Thanks
- City of Crest Hill Valve Exercising-July 11th-August 12th. 2016
- El Burrito Loco Is Now Re-Open
- Crest Hill Annual Picnic
- CREST HILL DEPUTY CHIEF GRADUATES FBI NATIONAL ACADEMY PROGRAM
- Sunshine Adorns Annual Lidice Commemoration
- Crest Hill Officers Run in 30th Annual Torch Run For Special Olympics
Waste & Recycling
The City's trash contractor is Allied waste, they are located in Joliet and can be contacted at (815) 723-3200.
- Residents are allowed to put out one large item per week for pick-up. As a courtesy, please contact Allied Waste to coordinate any large pick-up.
- Recycling by our residence is encouraged. Items should be placed in the blue bin provided by Allied waste and will be picked up on your regular trash pickup day.
- Trash can be set out for pick-up after 4:00 pm the night before your regular trash pickup day.
- Yard waste can be placed in Kraft paper bags or a regular trash can. Yard waste is collected beginning in the month of April and ending in the month of November.
Trash Collection Days
Route 53 (Broadway) to Nicholson Street, Arbor Glen, Fields of Longmeadow, Remington Lakes.
Highland Avenue to Kelly Avenue.
Raynor Avenue up to and including Arbor Lane.
West of Arbor Lane up to and including Sweetbriar, north of Plainfield Road, also includes Green Street, Circle Street and Durness Court.
West of Sweetbriar to the city limits. Also includes all streets south of Plainfield Road, Renwick Club, Longmeadow, and Carillon Lakes and Cambridge Crest.
****If your regularly scheduled service day falls on one of the holidays listed below, your service will be one day behind
NEW YEARS DAY
4th OF JULY
Click here to view map of waste & recycling collection
Click here for a list of acceptable items for recycling either in Crest Hill or Will County.
Will County Green
WillCountyGreen.com was launched on Nov. 15, 2010 as part of the educational efforts of the Will County Energy Efficiency Strategy with funding from the U.S. Department of Energy. The mission of this website is to make information available to residents of all ages, business and community groups. This information provides techniques to reduce energy consumption and provides examples of numerous ways anyone can do more to green their life.
Household Hazardous Waste Collections
Every home has hazardous waste. Whenever a cleaner, compact flourescent lightbulb, latex paint, maintenance item or medication is unwanted, it is hazardous waste. Will County offers one-day collections and helps fund a permanent collection site in Naperville. Some items may also be taken to retail outlets for proper disposal and recycling services.
Will County partners with some libraries and promotes some retailers to bring residents options for proper battery disposal. Click here for battery details.
Will County Land Use Department, Resource Recovery and Energy Division partners with the Forest Preserve District of Will County to offer Compact Fluorescent Lights (CFLs) recycling. Some retailers also offer this service, Click here for Compact Fluorescent Lights (CFLs) details.
The EPA ceased to recognize latex paint as hazardous in 2000 and it ceased to be accepted in HHW programs. Today, Will County promotes a paint recycling program offered by some retailers. For a full list of options, Click here for Latex Paint details.
Will County partners with some pharmacies, the Illinois EPA and several police department to offer year round medication disposable opportunities. For a full list of options, Click here Medication details.
Full-Service Drop-off Site
Will County Land Use, Resource Recovery & Energy Department holds at least two Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events in the spring and at least one every fall.
Will County also helps to fund a permanent HHW Drop-Off open every weekend (except holidays):
Naperville Regional HHW
1971 Brookdale Road
(prefer no phone calls)
Saturday & Sunday 9am-2pm