- MAYOR SOLIMAN REPORTS ON THE FINANCIAL HEALTH OF CREST HILL
- Will County Electronics Recycling Drop-Off Site in Lockport
- Crest Hill Recognizes Local Eagle Scouts
- BASSET TRAINING REQUIRED FOR LIQUOR LICENSE HOLDERS
- Crest Hill Receives Award for Financial Reporting
- Free Shred Day-Saturday, June 4, 2016
- Residential Safety Tips
- Lockport Township Wellness Clinic
- Robert Morris Grants for Crest Hill Residents
- 2016 Recycling Calendar
Medication Take Back Drop-Box
The City of Crest Hill has partnered with the Will County Land Use Department to offer a "Medication Take Back" drop box located at City Hall 1610 Plainfield Road, Crest Hill, IL 60403.
This program protects Will County water resources, while reducing the materials going to local landfills. Each year thousands of tons of pharmaceuticals and personal care products enter the waste stream. Several United States Geological Survey studies over the past 7 years have found that many pharmaceuticals are surviving water treatment facilities and making their way into drinking water. The very medications that help people may be a concern to aquatic life.
Residents are invited to drop off their unwanted medications between the hours of 7am-5pm Monday-Friday. The Green drop box is located in the Main Entrance vestibule. We want to remind residents to black-out any personal information on the containers before dropping them in the bin. Also, we ask that you bring only residentially generated medication items. No medications from businesses or doctor’s offices can be taken.
Prescription Drugs/Medications - Both liquid and solids
For more information go to www.willcountygreen.com.
We would like to thank the Will County Land Use Department, Lockport Township, the Crest Hill Chamber of Commerce - WYSK (Women You Should Know) Group and the Crest Hill Police Department for their donations and time to bring this program to Crest Hill. Thank You!